Tuesday 19 April 2011

I want cancer out of my life, my family and my community.

Relay For Life is a an event that could change your life. There will be laughter and fun, joy and sorrow, but mostly, conviction that cancer can be kicked out of our lives and communities if we act together.


What is it like? It’s difficult to describe and better to experience first hand. But I can tell you it’s an opportunity to get together with family and friends to CELEBRATE cancer survivors, REMEMBER the cherished ones we have lost and honour those currently on their cancer journey, and, importantly, to FIGHT BACK together. 


It’s not an athletic event, but a fun, non-competitive, community gathering over twelve or more hours. Teams of ten or more people take turns walking or running laps around a track. Each team has at least one member on the track at all times.


I hope you can join my team, help fundraise and commit to a memorable twelve or more hours. 


Remember that every step we take in Relay For Life will help the Canadian Cancer Society save lives, prevent cancer and deliver support to people living with cancer. 


Need information? Visit www.cancer.ca or call 1.888.939.3333


Follow this link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Canadian Cancer Society - BC and Yukon Division





No comments: