Saturday 25 January 2014

50th Birthday - 50 Days - 50 Friends - 50 Random Acts of Kindness

On March 17, I will turn 50. I would like to do something that I will remember forever, and that will have an impact on not just me, but on my friends, family and people in our communities.

When my cousin Sherry turned 40, a great group of ladies got together to ride our bicycles 40 km to enjoy a lovely time pampering ourselves at the spa. My idea came from that. I want to take the togetherness we felt on that day and take it further. Then, we challenged ourselves physically and reaped the reward of valuable girl-time. For my birthday, I would like to challenge myself and my friends to go outside our comfort zone and be kind to someone else.

The plan is for each of my 50 friends of the RAK Club to commit to doing one act of kindness per day for 50 days. This is my birthday party. Each of you, in your own town, will be kind to someone every single day from January 26 until March 17. Check the blog daily for ideas, stories, photos, and inspiration. Please post your comments about what you did each day (optional, but fun). Don't be shy. I know you don't want to brag; we're calling it sharing. If I have invited you, and you feel that belonging to the RAK Club is not for you at this time, just send me an email asking to be replaced. If you do wish to be part of this group of people spreading kindness, I will post your names on the list. If you know of someone else who would like to participate, please share the link to this post with them and ask them to leave a comment below.

Are you ready team? I'll post the names of the members as they confirm with me.


  1. Lorri P
  2. Sherri Jo
  3. Cassi
  4. Rosalie
  5. Bonnie
  6. Kelly
  7. Vivian
  8. Sherry
  9. Jane
  10. Kim
  11. Joan
  12. Lucille
  13. Sharon
  14. Janik
  15. Jeannette
  16. Jillayne
  17. Jan
  18. Carmen
  19. Brenda
  20. Julie
  21. Carol
  22. Peggy
  23. Sue
  24. Allison
  25. Evelynne

No comments: