Monday 27 January 2014

RAK Day 2

I am definitely going to have to work on the "random" part of RAK. I noticed yesterday that as the day wore on and I hadn't done anything nice yet, I began to stew about what I would do. At one point as I was rushing down the highway to Evelynne's soccer game, I saw a man at the side of the road standing next to his vintage car. It was clear he needed a hand, but I said to myself, "Oh I should stop, but I don't have time to be nice right now. I'm in a hurry." How pathetic. Is my life that busy that I need to plan my random acts of kindness? Is it because I am that busy, or is it because I want to control what I do, and when I do it? I am going to practice putting myself out there. 

Some kind things my friends did yesterday: 
  • J gave the lady next to her in church her pew cushion. 
  • S brought cookies to her kids upstairs in their bedrooms (this never happens!)
  • V phoned an elderly friend to let her know she is loved. 
  • K made cute Mickey Mouse pancakes to celebrate her son's upcoming band trip. 
  • J brought my daughter from a birthday party to her soccer game and waited with her in the car with her. 
An idea from B: include kindness to our bodies and our beings, because these can be more difficult. I agree 100%. It is very hard to take the time to care for ourselves. 

Enjoy today my friends; it will not come again. 


No comments: