Tuesday 28 January 2014

RAK Day 3

Although I said yesterday that I need to work on being more spontaneous, it's actually quite exciting to think of a surprise someone else will appreciate. Yesterday, I thought of someone I really appreciate and decided that Evelynne's soccer team manager deserves a thank-you. Christine is a very organized person; she emails game and practice reminders, organizes car pools and tournaments, helps on the bench, and takes care of all the details that keep the team running smoothly. While she was driving the girls to practice, I bought a little plant, wrote a  card, and dropped it at her door. I imagined her smile when she saw it, and thought that she would never guess who left it for her. Well, Facebook helped her figure it out in under 30 minutes, but that's OK. I had fun planning that little surprise! That small gesture is still giving me joy.

Other kindnesses happening in Nanaimo, Regina, Vancouver, Ancaster, Victoria, Little Rock, Dallas, Kelowna, Duncan and Langley:

  • Yesterday I gave a $10 tip to the man at the car wash. Today I bought my co-worker a sandwich.
  • Yesterday I offered a friend a ride when her car didn't start.
  • Yesterday and today were all about my family - I brought them cookies in their rooms and today I made them brownies.
  • I brought my co-workers some Hello Dollies! They were thrilled!
  • Yesterday I drove my Grandson to Daycare, and let my son sleep in. Today I reached out to a friend I thought would be mourning the death of a student.
  • We took decorated cupcakes (my daughter made them) to two of our neighbors and surprised them greatly!  Day 2, I called a dear, older lady friend to tell her just how special she is to me... I could tell she also appreciated it.
  • I wiped up the water someone had left on the washroom counters at work.
  • In our biting cold weather, there were many opportunities to show kindness from opening and holding doors for people, letting pedestrians cross to get outta the cold faster to being a courteous driver.
  • Gave a drink to a caregiver. 
  • I picked up garbage outside my work place

Happy Wednesday my friends.

No comments: